– Diocesan Council 2013
Diocesan Council 2013
The 133rd Council of the Diocese of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic of the Reformed Episcopal Church was held November 7th and 8th, 2013 at Saint Mark’s R.E. Church in Rydal, PA and the Radisson – Philadelphia Northeast in Trevose, PA.
Jump to FORMS
Jump to REPORTS
The Council Schedule has changed back to it’s previous pattern of opening with Holy Communion at a local church Thursday morning, followed by lunch and a first business session at a local hotel. After a banquet dinner at the hotel there will be the first part of a two-part workshop on congregational development. On Friday morning after breakfast and Morning Prayer there is the second part of the workshop followed by the second business session. As approved by Council several years ago, the costs for the three meals are folded into the registration fee.
The Council follows the pattern previously established by the REC by devoting the majority of attention and time to educate, edify and encourage the church. Business matters will be confined to Thursday afternoon and Friday morning business sessions.
The Committee on Credentials approved form for submitting delegate credentials in 2013 (deadline Friday, October 18th):
The State of the Diocese Survey for Calendar Year 2012 (deadline Monday, Oct. 14th):
From the Nominations Committee:
Nominations to the Standing Committee, Diocesan Board of Trustees, and Board of Directors for the Seminary are vitally important to the life of our diocese. These committees are essential to the health and work of our diocese.
Please carefully and prayerfully consider nominating godly men and women from your parish. While it is true that we do not have a large turn over each year, we need names of qualified people to fill slots each year. If we get more names than openings, we will keep the names for future reference.
You may email your nominations to me or to any member of the committee. Nominations for Fall 2013 are requested by Monday, October 14th. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Rev. Gerald S. McLynn
Chairman, Nominations Committee
gmclynn (at) verizon.net
Minutes of 132nd Diocesan Council of NE&MA at Scranton, PA Nov 1-2, 2012 (12MB-PDF)
Council Schedule & Order of Business:
Bishop’s & Elective Boards Reports:
– Bishop Hicks’ Report
– Bishop Hicks’ Exhortation to Council (MP3)
– Bishop Gillin’s Report
– Presiding Bishop Riches’ Greetings (MP3)
– Standing Committee Report (distributed during Council)
– Trustees Secretary’s Report
– Bishop Grote’s Greetings (MP3)
– Treasurer’s Report: Assets
– Treasurer’s Report: Budget
– Bishop Guernsey’s Greetings (MP3)
– RE Seminary – Dean’s Report
– Seminary Faculty & Students Greetings (MP3)
– RE Seminary – Treasurer’s Report – BalSheet+Audit
– RE Seminary – Budget
– Nominations Report
Non-Elective Committees Reports to Council:
– Constitution and Canons Report
– Examining Chaplains Report
– Memorials Report
– Christian Education Report
– Young Peoples Work Report
– Evangelism, Church Growth & Development Report
– State Of Diocese – CoverPage
– State Of Diocese – Data Report
– Looney-Hoffman Fund Report
– Bassinger Home Fund Report
– Public Relations Report
– Spiritual Growth and Nurture Report
– Minister’s Salaries Report (off year – no report)
– History of the Diocese Report
– Mens Ministries Report
– Foreign Missions Report
…..Report from Colvins
– Short Term Missions Report
– Women’s Ministry Report
Workshop: Church Development (Rev. Canon Phil Ashey):
– Anglican Relief & Development Fund (Diana Lopez)
– Board of Foreign Missions (Rev. Bill Jerdan)
– InterVarsity International Student Outreach (Roger Converse)
– Christ Academy at Grace Collingdale (Shawn Riley)
– Anglican Introduction Video “Surprising Merrily” (Vimeo trailer)
Friends of Reformed Episcopal Seminary (FORES) Note:
The Friends of Reformed Episcopal Seminary would like to encourage the congregations and individuals of the Diocese of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic to support our Seminary through our Prayer and Care initiative.
We are collecting items for Care Packets for the Seminary community. Items such as non-perishable light breakfast and lunch items and snack foods are requested (hot cereal packets, microwavable soup, crackers, nuts, etc.). Contributed items will be collected at Diocesan Council in November.